Discover South Africa - 2017
Dates May 25 – June 3, 2017.
2017 SA trip will be an interfaith/cultural oriented trip and dates are between May 25th-June3rd, which will be10 days and 8 nights.
We'll visit touristic places as well as local families, museums and have professional talks on domestic and global issues from the SA perspective. Please check the tentative itinerary.
We'll have one domestic round trip. Johannesburg - Cape Town and are going to visit three cities like Johannesburg- Pretoria Cape Town.
Trip to South Africa in 2017
May 25 – June 3, 2017.
The first day of the trip is the departure date from Orlando to Johannesburg and the last day of the trip is the departure date from Johannesburg. Upon arrival to O.R. Tambo International Airport, group members will be picked up at the International Terminal. Later, the group members will be transferred to the hotel by a shuttle arranged by Atlantic Institute. All other air and ground transportation for the programs during the trip in South Africa will be arranged by the Atlantic Institute as well. You are welcome to arrive early and depart late. For extra nights at the hotel please add $100 per night.
You must purchase your own flight tickets to and from Johannesburg’s O.R. Tambo International Airport. Domestic Johannesburg- Cape Town tickets will be purchased by AI. We do not require a specific airline or flight but we can recommend you some online tickets. Tickets are around $1000 for economy seats.
The hotel in which you will be staying in South Africa will be announced before the trip orientation. Hotel accommodations in will be 4-5 star and double occupancy. You will be carefully matched with another group member for room placement, but if you prefer to have your own room, we can provide one for you for an additional fee of $700.
Fees and Costs:
Atlantic Institute subsidizes the expenses of this trip through the contributions of local sponsor(s). This covers part of the trip expenses including meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner), accommodations (double occupancy), ground and air transportation within SA.
Each confirmed participant is responsible for the following:
1. Participation Fees ($2500/ person, $4500/ couples ): Participation Fee must be made payable to the Atlantic Institute. Check for cancellation policy for details. (will be included at the agreement) Fees must be submitted by check or money order payable to the Atlantic Institute (Memo 2017 South Africa Trip) and sent to: The Atlantic Institute Terraces-South, Suite 435 115 Perimeter Center Place Atlanta, GA 30346
2. Airfare: International round-trip flight ticket to Johannesburg’s O.R. Tambo International Airport.
3. Visa: U.S. citizens (U.S. passport holders) visiting the Republic of South Africa for ninety (90) days or less for tourism / business purposes do not need visas.
4. Travel insurance: Cost varies and is required in the event of any health emergencies while abroad.
5. Room Upgrade Fee: $700 for single room requests. This is only required for those who wish to have their own hotel room.
6. Personal spending money and all personal items.
7. Deadline: Participation fee, signed agreement, travel insurance, purchased ticket itinerary are all due on Friday, April 28, 2017.
8- Early Bird Registration: Reservations made with a full payment before February 17, 2017are eligible for an early bird special - $2300 per person, double occupancy, $4300 per couples.
Below a few photos from our last trip to SA.