Discover South Africa! Summer 2017
Since 2005, Atlantic Institute has been organizing educational interfaith and intercultural excursions, and now our ties to the cultures around the world extend all the way to South Africa! Join us on an intercultural/interfaith journey to a deeply mystical and colorful country, where we will foster friendships and dialogue with individuals and communities vastly different from our own.
In partnership with the Turquoise Harmony Institute in South Africa, we will be guiding you through the bustling streets of South Africa’s major cities, taking care to do all we can to assure you get more than a typical tourist’s vacation. We will incorporate significant interfaith, intercultural, and academic nuances so you can better understand the history of South Africa’s people and their cultures and traditions. But we will visit plenty of must-see tourist attractions too, and indulge in the best local cuisine. Please ask the detailed itinerary.
Trip to South Africa in 2017
May 26 – June 3, 2017 *Departures from the United States must be made May 25th in order to arrive by the afternoon on May 26th in Johannesburg.
The first day of the trip is the departure date from USA to Johannesburg and the last day of the trip is the departure date from Johannesburg. Upon arrival to O.R. Tambo International Airport, group members will be picked up at the International Terminal. Later, the group members will be transferred to the hotel by a shuttle arranged by Atlantic Institute.
All other air and ground transportation for the programs during the trip in South Africa will be arranged by the Atlantic Institute as well. You are welcome to arrive early and depart late. For extra nights at the hotel please add $100 per night.
You must purchase your own flight tickets to and from Johannesburg’s O.R. Tambo International Airport. We do not require a specific airline or flight.
Domestic Johannesburg- Cape Town tickets will be purchased by AI.
The exact Hotel informations will be announced before or during the trip orientation. Hotel accommodations will be 4-5 star and double occupancy. You will be carefully matched with another group member for room placement, but if you prefer to have your own room, we can provide it for an additional fee of $700.
Fees and Costs:
Atlantic Institute subsidizes the expenses of this trip through the contributions of local sponsor(s). This covers part of the trip expenses including meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner), accommodations (double occupancy), ground and air transportation within South Africa.
Each confirmed participant is responsible for the following:
1. Participation Fees ($2500/ person, $4500/ couples): Participation Fee must be made payable to the Atlantic Institute. Check for cancellation policy for details. (will be included at the agreement). Fees must be submitted by check or money order payable to the Atlantic Institute (Memo 2017 South Africa Trip) and sent to: The Atlantic Institute Terraces-South, Suite 435 115 Perimeter Center Place Atlanta, GA 30346
2. Airfare: International round-trip flight ticket to Johannesburg’s O.R. Tambo International Airport.
3. Visa: U.S. citizens (U.S. passport holders) visiting the Republic of South Africa for ninety (90) days or less for tourism / business purposes do not need visas.
4. Travel insurance: Cost varies and is required in the event of any health emergencies while abroad.
5. Room Upgrade Fee: $700 for single room requests. This is only required for those who wish to have their own hotel room.
6. Personal spending money and all personal items.
7. Deadline: Participation fee, signed agreement, travel insurance, purchased ticket itinerary are all due on Friday, April 28, 2017.
8- Early Bird Registration: Reservations made with a full payment before February 17, 2017 are eligible for an early bird special - $2300 per person, double occupancy, $4300 per couples.
Below a few photos from our last trip to South Africa.